The R&D center is in the headquarters of HUAPONT PHARM where stands at the foot of green hill (Zhaomu Mountain) and surrounded by the Botanical garden of Zhaomu Mountain. The center covers 30000m2 including synthesis labs, analysis labs, dosage form labs, toxicology labs, pharmacology labs, pilot plants for API and dosage form, and other labs.
According to the purpose of developing and researching APIs and drugs, and refer to relative regulations, an integrated and efficientsystem is established. The R&D center is divided into seven parts:
● Science and technology committee
● API Department
● FDF Department
● Medicine Department
● Analysis Department
● Quality Assurance Department
● Research Management Department
PERSONNEL AND EQUIPMENT
More than 100 professional employees with high education are working in R&D center. 10% of them are Ph.D. degree, 30% of them have the medium-grade or high grade professional tile, and 20% of them are granted as licensed pharmacist.
Equipped with general analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC, IR, UV, as well as more advanced and large precise analytical equipment, ICP, GC/MS, LC/MS, XPRD, AAS, etc. are introduced and applied for solving difficulties in research of APIs or drugs.
HUAPONT PHARM has the strong research ability and long history on retinoids and vitamin D derivatives; and the technologyin microcrystallization of insoluble APIand manufacturing ofdrugs for external use takes the leading position. Moreover R&D center corporates deeply with institutes or universities to develop new projects and set up research center, for example the high effective drug research center together with Chongqing University.
Every year at least 15 new projects are initialized.
Up to now the R&D center has made many great achievements.
● 75+ production licenses by China-FDA and 10 DMF approval by overseas Authorities
● 85+ patents are grantedincluding 3 innovative compounds (new chemical entities, NCEs), and some of them are in development stage for toxicology and/or pharmacology.
● Full experiences of cooperating with pharmaceutical partners by CMO for NDA and Paragraph IV application